Rich Text Editor (beta): Examples
The Rich Text Editor is a UI control that replaces a standard HTML textarea. It allows for the rich formatting of text content, including common structural treatments like lists, formatting treatments like bold and italic text, and drag-and-drop inclusion and sizing of images. The Rich Text Editor's Toolbar is extensible via a plugin architecture so that advanced implementations can achieve a high degree of customization.
- Flickr Image Search: This example adds a button that opens a custom panel containing an AutoComplete Control that can be used to retrieve photos from Flickr.
- Calendar Plugin: This example adds a button to the Rich Text Editor's Toolbar that displays a Calendar control for choosing dates. It also demonstrates how to manage the state of a custom button.
- Icon Insertion: This example adds a button that opens a custom panel to insert custom icons.
- Plain Text Switcher: This example demonstrates how to toggle from a plain text field to the Rich Text Editor with a simple button click.
- Editor Data Post with Connection Manager: This example posts data to the server with Connection Mananger and returns filtered data.
- Skinning the Editor: Editor skinning is done via CSS. The Editor comes with a default skin, but you can extend or override this as needed.